TEARES

TEARS

- Tears, tears, tears..
We're drowning in the tears!
Tears on the pillow
Tears on the handkerchieves
On the marble like cheeks
Crawling are the tears.
- Leave me.
- Your son died?
But he's my son as well.
- You kept on telling him:
A dead like is the one
Who doesn't have a homeland?
A dead like.
- Why are you still living?
Eversince you lost your homeland
You're dead.
You became soil that lost its land.
- I was a dried fig tree
And they were the yelling monsoon
Throwing fear on the ways.
I was yearning darkness
And they were the stars
Smiling from behind the clouds.
I was the bare rod
And they were the fire
Dancing in the wilderness.
I was the sheep
And they were the meatman
Grinding his knives on promise's rocks.
- And now?
- I became the consciousness.
My heart, which was shivering
Of the mortar's echo
Now is ruthless.
My hands that grew up on clapping
I lopped them off.
My voice, which use to greet,
Yell and salute
Every time it hears a speech
Echo has swallowed it.
My voice has changed
So did I.


********